Explore Business Directory

How it's done

Innisfail is home to a wide variety of businesses. Understanding the types of businesses and where they are located may help you make better business and investment decisions. In order to manage growth, the municipality issues business licences to confirm and ensure lawful operation in the municipality. If required, a business licence helps to regulate taxes, protect consumers and ensure public safety. This tool will help you answer three important questions.

What types of businesses are there and where are they located?

Use the interactive Business Directory map below to learn more about our businesses and gain insights into the land use zones within which they operate. More information on land use regulations can be found here.

Do I need a business licence to conduct my business?

Business licenses are required in order to operate a business in Innisfail and must be renewed annually.

Yearly licenses are issued for the calendar year (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31). For more information on Town business licenses, please Click here to view the bylaw.

New & Renewals – Annual Fees:

Resident Businesses – $100:

  • A resident business is one in which the owner/operator lives in Innisfail, and/or the business establishment is in Innisfail.

Non-Resident Businesses – $300

  • Depending on the nature of the business license (i.e., subcontractors), anyone conducting business in the town will require a Town of Innisfail business license.

Hawkers & Peddlers – $100 for residents or $300 for non-residents

  • A business license is required for all door-to-door salespeople.

How do I get a business licence?

You can apply for a business license by filling out the Business Licence Application. For more information on completing applications, or submissions, contact:

Town of Innisfail, AB T4G 1A1 
P: 403‐227‐3376 
F: 403‐227‐4045

Additional Information

  • Development Permits
    Any change to land or a building, either physical or in its use, is considered development. This includes change of use or intensity of use. Therefore, a Development Permit may be required if the start-up of a business entails new construction or a change in use or intensity of use of present buildings. Contact the Town's Development Officer for more information.
  • Building Permits
    If a new business requires a new building or additions to an existing building, a Development Permit and a Building Permit are required. 

Get this research

Receive a PDF report of this research.

Get Report

Help us help you

Tell us how this page can be more helpful.

Tell us!

Contact us

Stuart Fullarton
Economic Development & Communications Officer
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, AB, T4G 1A1